Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow Day

I decided I didn't want the dark background and my head was taking up too much of the canvas.  I made my head and hat smaller, added snow to the background, scratched through and let the dark background look like trees in the distance,  and put a winter coat on. Today I mostly worked on my face, trying to get the skin tone close. I think it still looks to orange.  I added greens and reds to certain areas.  

I am taking a break to work on rebuilding my website and will work on the jacket, hat and hair later. I am not happy with the corners and my left shoulder looks too big- even with a puffy coat.

I bought my tickets to Ireland!  

Keep ya posted!

2 comments:

  1. Kristin...I love the portrait. You are beautiful subject matter! Oddly,your image reminds me of Van Gogh's self portraits with hats:) Persist and paint. You do it well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jude! I love the new direction your work is taking. Happy painting :^)

    ReplyDelete