Sunday, February 7, 2010

The weekend started out promising... a chance to unwind and catch my breath.  

I spent all day Saturday snowed in updating my iweb website. I started a blog back in the summer and wanted to keep it going so I can see how my thought process evolves over time.  I never published it because I wanted to keep it private.  Unfortunately that means it got wiped out when suddenly my Domain file became corrupt. I called apple and they aid I have to rebuild everything. I have 4 websites: 1 for my portrait, photography business, 1 for my MFA program, 1 for WDHS- my high school site with all of my student work examples, and the AENJ south site.  This majorly sucks. 

Even though I'm unsure if Joe's the "one", I decided to get snowed in with him to see if I could find out. He has been a rock and told me just paint today, forget about the site.  So I took his advice and started a self portrait with my snow hat... seems appropriate. 

It is 16 x20 on toned grey canvas. I started with a charcoal sketch and originally wanted a light background but I think my mood made me paint the background black.  So, here's the start. I will be working all week on this and getting my site pieced back together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment