I understand reading articles about art and comprehending the past and its history; however the art world is moving so fast that I need to know what is happening NOW. Perhaps, more relevant would be to reflect on our guest presenter’s work or research the periodicals for references that relate to our own work in regards to our artist statements. I am fortunate to have an internet connection at the moment, so I can look up some of the artists referenced in the articles to see if they are still working. This has led me to more interesting articles and books that I wish I had more time to read. Give me something meaningful to do, like research. I don’t need busywork. Time is limited and valuable here in Ireland. I'd rather be working on or thinking about my own art.
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment