Friday, November 12, 2010

New series (first 5)





In this series I am working with two elements dots (bubbles) and swirls based that have evolved from the cells/ fish disease images. I am also thinking about light reflecting off of or coming from behind/ within these shapes.  I have limited my palette to shades of blue, orange, silver and gold and limited the size to about 8" x 8". 

I have several other drawings in progress and a stack of transparencies that I will continue to explore, adding three dimensional shapes on top (hot glue), then painting above/ below it. In the last piece, I like the shadows cast onto the piece by the shapes painted onto the transparency, then set above it.

I'm feeling some figure withdrawal and would like to find a way to re-incorporate it, but I will be patient and wait for those answers to come. I am taking my time with this series and am really listening to what the work needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment