Friday, March 19, 2010

Making Progress

This week has been very stressful. I have been spending my time regrouping and getting reorganized. I decided to convert my dining room into a painting studio. I need to re-hang my wall easel.

I put all of my "how to" books around. Still working on organizing them all. 

The back bookcase has more books/ artists/ history.


The room is in progress. Still setting things up and organizing lots of clothes. At least my computer is set up and all squared away. Look at all those fingerprints! My "cave/ nook" is getting there. Safe place to think and nap.


I've also been working late trying to get the 8 page Talon newspaper out. I'm the designer, using InDesign.


I called Helen Uger and will be attending/ observing her figure drawing class on Tuesdays. I'm really excited about this!

I ordered some books. I was inspired to read more about Richter since reading an article about his work for Critical Eye. He paints realistically and abstractly. I feel like he's all over the place, like me. I also ordered a Portrait Painting Atelier book that I've been waiting for and a new book on contemorary painting. We (yes, we) rented Beaches of Agnes because Veronica recommended I watch it. It's based on the writer Gaston Bachelard.
And I bought a light brite! It kind od doesn't work but I already threw away the box and the receipt. I am going to go to Home Depot to find some peg board, I have a big (4 x1.5') light box at school to play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment