The Boom. 4'x8' Mixed media on board. 2010
I made this piece upon returning from Ireland and getting back into my studio routine. It began as a small aerial view painting of the oil spill. I expanded it to fill the entire board. I used Martha Stewart paint, pot hole rock filler and road crack filler, rubbing alcohol, crackle paint and india ink.. The tar was a MESS. It kept sticking to my feet and I killed the lawn behind my house. I'm sure the landscapers are pissed at me. I really like this piece and now have to make some type of support for the back so it's not flexible and I can hang it.
I also began the series of large drawings as a continuation of the Ireland work. The india ink and powdered graphite I ordered finally came in! So I will continue working on the series and will post images as I complete them.




No comments:
Post a Comment