Saturday, August 7, 2010

Rock, Paper Cow Reception

I'm glad we had a really nice reception in the barn at the BCA. Time and Mary gave us each a sketchbook with a handwritten note which was very touching.  The show encapsulated this very special time we shared in the Burren.  When we arrived back at Moore and reassembled the work, it just didn't have the same feel. A reception with the newer grads included a bottle of wine. I felt bad for them since we had a proper reception at the end of the summer last year. I'm glad we were asked to sit in on their crits. I felt a real sense of empathy for them since we were in their very shoes a year ago. I'm excited about the new direction of my work and am relieved to have turned in the last of my work. I now have time to read all of the books I checked out of the library and ordered on amazon. I also have three weeks to dig in deep to my new series of paintings. I bought tar and am excited to see how it reacts to paper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment