Friday, August 27, 2010

playing with plankton

I am interested in the sea life that was killed because of the spill and collected images of sea turtles, dolphin, pelicans and plankton.  The images of plankton reminds me of the orange fungus or lichen I photographed so much of on the Aran Islands in Ireland. I did some experiments with orange acrylic, crackle paint and spray paint. The photo above is a small one. I am in the process of making two larger paintings on canvas. I'm thinking of switching from paper to canvas for my paintings and want to see how it reacts to different media before I purchase a huge roll.

Plankton recently discovered by scientists that is part of the tons of microscopic plankton that live on the bottom of the ocean and are the basis of life. I pray the oil doesn't reach it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment